Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and such


So I told you about my beautiful Turkey. I thought I would show you some pics of Thanksgiving and the cutest baby :)
Th is the turkey in the brine. Don't be disgusted that it looks like pee (that is what Jeff said). It is that color from vege broth. So it sat in that over night.

Then is slathered the turkey with a whole cube of butter. Butter makes everything better. At least that is what Paula Deen thinks. http://www.hulu.com/watch/193083/saturday-night-live-paula-deens-paper-towels I also put some herbs and onions, carrots and celery inside the turkey instead of stuffing. That skit is so funny.

Now here is the end result. It is perfectly browned. It was so moist. I think that recipe is fail proof if you follow the instructions. If you ever want to do a turkey you should do it like this. Soooo good. Here are some pics from Thanksgiving day.

They are just taking a nap and waiting for the turkey to be done.
Her first Thanksgiving. Looking so dang cute. She is rockin the converse booties that my sister Amber gave her. They are so great.

She got blessed on Sunday. Here is the dress that she wore. Jeff's mom bought it for her. It is really cute but kind of slippery to hold her in :)
Happy little family. Jeff was so nervous to give her the blessing but it was a really good one. She was good all through it even though she was awake. She didn't make a peep. So those are the events of the week. It was really fun to have Jeff's family here for the holiday. It was sad that my mom couldn't make it for the blessing but I am assuming there will be others. I can't wait for yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment